On Wood and Wire Vimeo Video Channel

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Praying to be a Prison Chaplain

There are thousands of men in jail.
My minister friend in east Tennessee, Rev. Ronnie Trent, introduced me to the prison population in Morgan County, Tennessee.

We held several services there last month [July]. "Morgan County" is formerly Brushy mountain.



That's the facility where James Earl Ray spent time.  




Of course I'm always available to do volunteer ministry in the jails, but I'd be grateful for a chaplain position in one of our KY prisons. There are 3 near prisons that retain a full chaplain. I'm praying that if there is ever a vacancy in one of those that I might be considered for the position. Pray with me about this.






Our little AG here at Berea  is involved in many outreaches - nursing homes, the veterans centers and the jails.  Remember "...when you do it unto one of the least of these my brethren, you do it unto me!"


Until next time,
TF

No comments:

Post a Comment